We are pleased to share our 2014 list of the Top 25 companies in the Dallas-Fort Worth area with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets.
“In the past four years, there has been a strong increase in the quality of Top 401k Plans in the Dallas-Fort Worth area,” said Dan Weeks, Co-Founder of BrightScope. “Since 2010, the number of local companies offering employees a 401k plan that has a BrightScope ranking above 80 has more than doubled, going from less than 10 to more than 25 today.”
The previous list of Top Dallas-Ft. Worth 401k Plans was published in 2010. Noteworthy findings in this year’s list include:
- Frontrunner Southwest Airlines Co., Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, L.L.P., Thompson & Knight, LLP, Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, VHA, Inc., and Texas Instruments Incorporated are the only companies to appear on the list both years
- Average account balance for plans listed is $174,561
- Average participation rate for plans on the list is 94.81%
- Average company generosity for plans listed is $8,697; the median is $8,474
- Average salary deferral for plans listed is $10,007; the median is $9,679
Top 25 Dallas-Fort Worth area companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets:
BrightScope’s 401k plan Rating was developed by BrightScope, Inc. with the help of leading academics and independent 401k fiduciaries. Analyzing more than 200 individual data points, the BrightScope Rating algorithm can calculate a single numerical score for each 401k plan in the country. The data points examined cover broad categories such as total plan cost, company generosity and investment menu quality.
BrightScope has rated nearly 50,000 401k and 403b plans, spanning more than 57 million workers and over $3 trillion in assets. Industry adoption of the BrightScope Rating will lead to more cost-effective plans, increased participation rates, higher employee satisfaction and better outcomes for the 60 million employees who depend on their 401k plan for retirement.
DISCLAIMER: Ratings continually change as data is updated over time. Ratings should be viewed as a “snapshot in time.” To view current ratings information for a given plan click to view the company’s plan page. The rating on the plan page may not match the rating at the time of the release of the rankings.