We are pleased to share our 2013 list of the Top 25 companies in the Seattle area with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets.
“Cities like Seattle are always interesting to observe over time,” said Dan Weeks, Co-Founder of BrightScope. “While the city is home to some heavy-hitting companies, there are always new and exciting companies joining the ranks of businesses committed to providing solid 401k plans for their employees.”
Noteworthy findings in the 2013 Top 25 Seattle 401k Plans list include:
- Moss Adams and Alaska Airlines maintain their spots as #1 and #2, respectively, on the list for the second year in a row
- New to the list are NAES (#13), F5 Networks (#15), Avanade Inc. (#19), Polyclinic (#22), and PACCAR (#24)
- Weyerhaeuser Company climbed its way back to list after falling off in 2012, coming in at #25
- Both Intermec (#21) and Proliance Surgeons (#23) fell five spots on the list since last year’s ranking
- Average account balance for plans listed is $161,740
- 92.74% is the average participation rate for plans on the list
- Average company generosity for plans listed is $7,284; the median is $5,889
- Average salary deferral for plans listed is $8,459; the median is $8,267
Top 25 Seattle Area companies with the highest ranked 401k plans containing more than $100 million in assets:
BrightScope’s 401k plan Rating was developed by BrightScope, Inc. with the help of leading academics and independent 401k fiduciaries. Analyzing more than 200 individual data points, the BrightScope Rating algorithm can calculate a single numerical score for each 401k plan in the country. The data points examined cover broad categories such as total plan cost, company generosity and investment menu quality.
BrightScope has rated nearly 50,000 401k and 403b plans, spanning more than 57 million workers and over $3 trillion in assets. Industry adoption of the BrightScope Rating will lead to more cost-effective plans, increased participation rates, higher employee satisfaction and better outcomes for the 60 million employees who depend on their 401k plan for retirement.
DISCLAIMER: Ratings continually change as data is updated over time. Ratings should be viewed as a “snapshot in time.” To view current ratings information for a given plan click to view the company’s plan page. The rating on the plan page may not match the rating at the time of the release of the rankings.